IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE
BUT, CAN HAPPEN ANYTIME AGAIN
- This note is a MUST READ for all sports persons who wish to achieve their peak fast, recover from injuries or sickness in quick time, avoid de-conditioning and sustain their position for long at the highest level for maximum laurels.
- It’s the unique story of rehabilitation of a former international player, in her own words, who had qualified to be a coach after retirement. But, successful drug-free CURE of Pain in her Wrists, Elbows, Shoulders, Knees and the Spine due to cumulative injuries with Holistic Medicine therapy enabled her to once again return to the active sport to do ‘Better-than-Ever-Before’.
- In her come back, she performed much better than ever before and went on to add medals to her tally at Asian, Commonwealth and World Weight-Lifting Championships, received the coveted ARJUNA AWARD, and got a lucrative job transforming her life. Her appetite for more led her to pick up the sport of Pistol Shooting at an age when others had already retired. She added several more medals to her bag of glory.
- She continues to serve the cause of Sports at national level in many capacities. Today, she is a National Coach in both the games, an international referee, and a member of ‘Khelo India’ talent search committee.
- This story won’t have an equal in the whole world where a retired sportsperson, having become a qualified coach in a particular sport, returned to the game bringing greater glory than ever before; further take up to excel in another sport; and continue to serve the cause of sports promotion in the country as a ROLE MODEL.
“I had cumulative injuries, due to years of my sport of weight-lifting, causing Chronic PAIN in my Knees, Wrists, Elbows, Shoulders and the Spine. I had retired from my sport and had qualified to be a Coach from National Institute of Sports. As the best of physiotherapy and treatment by Sports Medicine specialists didn’t help me much, I was guided to Dr. R. K. Tuli. With drug-free Holistic Medicine therapy at his clinic “SOHAM”, I fully recovered from all my aches and pains, and I started feeling so much Healthy and Happy that I sought Dr. Tuli’s permission to resume active training. To my sheer delight I found that I was doing much better than ever before! I went
on to add many more medals to my tally at the Asian, Commonwealth and World Championships. All these achievements got me the prestigious ARJUNA AWARD from the Rashtrapati, and I had my fortune smiling to get the job of an Assistant Commandant in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). I further took to the sport of Target Shooting and won national and international laurels in that too. After more than two and a half decades, I still feel Healthy & Young and serve as ‘Khelo India’ member. I wish all sports persons take Dr. Tuli’s help and bring glory to the nation with his unique therapy.”
“I also know the story of another Commonwealth Games bound Weightlifter Sivaramakrishnan who was carrying an incurable Elbow Injury with him and would have returned ‘retired hurt’. I escorted him to Dr. Tuli, and with his magical therapy over three days, just before departure of the team, enabled him full recovery and return with Three Silver Medals for India.”
CHHAYA ADAK – Arjuna Awardee: Asian, Commonwealth & World Medallist; Fmr. Assistant Commandant CISF & Member ‘Khelo India‘.
Dr. (Prof). R. K. Tuli has been Medical Adviser to the Air Force Control Board, and Indian Hockey Federation in the past. He is on Executive of Indian Federation of Sports Medicine. He has contributed a Chapter on the ‘Role of Acupuncture’ in Sports in the Textbook of Sports Medicine.
He himself has been an International Mountaineer, and is credited to be the First Indian ever to scale the 23,700 feet Mount Menthosa in the Lahaul Spiti region in year 1973. Upon successful conquer of a 19,700 feet high Virgin Peak as Doctor-cum-Liaison Officer of the Nippon Alpine Club, Tokyo, the Japanese chose to name the peak Mt. Poonam, after the name of his then fiancée and now wife, for his immense contribution to success of the expedition.
He has been the Team Doctor to visiting Pakistan and West Indies Cricket teams in the past, and taken care of Indian teams visiting abroad on different occasions.
The beneficiaries of his therapy comprise well known cricketers including Murali Karthik, Rahul Sanghvi, Nikhil Chopra, versatile Manoj Prabhakar and all-time great from West Indies named Rohan Kanhai; Arjuna Awardee Golfer Rishi Narain and his wife Charu; Jugraj Singh, former Captain of Junior World Cup Hockey Championship and assistant coach of national hockey team; Arjuna Awardee and former captain of Indian Hockey Dilip Terkey, and many other famous national and international sports persons.
Dr. (Prof) R. K. Tuli is a1964 batch alumnus of the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College with post-graduate training in Sports, Aerospace & Internal Medicine. He is, also, an Arhatic Pranic Healer, Reiki Grand Master, Counselor-Hypnotherapist, as well as an expert in Therapeutic Yoga. With nearly five decades of experience he is globally recognised for pioneering the all-inclusive concept of Holistic Medicine:Holistic Medicine = Modern Medicine + Complementary Alternate Medicine (CAM): Conservative Medicine + Therapeutic Yoga + Panchakarma + Acupuncture – Laser Therapy + Hypnotherapy + Nutrition
Holistic Medicine* with an optimum synergy of all the officially recognised systems of health, helps to improve the performance of each sports person, prevents as well as enables quick recovery from any injury or sickness, avoid de-conditioning, maintain peak performance for extended years, and finally their efficient rehabilitation to remain role models for aspiring generation of girls and boys aiming to excel in sports to bring glory for the nation.